Re: unix_socket_group problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unix_socket_group problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Joe Miller <joe.d.miller@gmail.com> writes:
> If I set this:

> unix_socket_group = 'myadmin'
> unix_socket_permissions = 0777

> ...connection is refused for all accounts.

Have you checked the postmaster's log to see if it's reporting any
problems?  I'm wondering if the chown() call is failing.  Perhaps
postgres isn't a member of myadmin?

Some experimentation shows that if we fail to set the requested group or
permissions on the socket, the postmaster closes the socket and hence
ignores any connection attempts through it, but the socket file is not
physically unlinked until postmaster shutdown.  So that seems consistent
with your results, but there ought to be a complaint about it in the
postmaster log.

(I'm not sure whether it's worth the trouble, or even a good idea,
to unlink earlier in this situation.  The presence of the socket file
is partially a guard against starting another postmaster on the same
port number, which seems like a good thing.)

Сообщение: Re: unix_socket_group problem
Сообщение: Re: unix_socket_group problem