Re: Postgres 9.1 statistics in pg_stat_database

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Postgres 9.1 statistics in pg_stat_database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 02/07/2013 11:05 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> =?utf-8?q?Milos_Gajdos?= <gy2kre@centrum.cz> writes:
>> What this shows is that xact_commit increases by 3 after just one row insert. tup_inserted does seem to report
correctvalue. After simple SELECT, xact_commit increases by 2 - kind of strange as SELECT shouldn't really be
increasingxact_commit ?
> Yes, a SELECT does count as an xact_commit...

Additionally (correct me if I'm wrong, Tom), background activity like
autovacuum will generate countable transactions. I can see transactions
increment by a dozen or more on a completely "idle" database if I just
wait a minute or two but the number of those transactions, while visible
on an idle system, is lost in the noise on a busy database.

Other things that generate transactions include connecting to the
database (one, it appears) but \d in psql appears to generate a minimum
of four.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.1 statistics in pg_stat_database
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.1 statistics in pg_stat_database