Re: pgsql: Stamp 9.1.8.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Stamp 9.1.8.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 02/04/2013 04:49 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 4 February 2013 21:40, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
>>> Did you not get my mail about me being in the middle of backpatching?
>>> I guess I can stop now.
>> 4pm on the day of a release is way too late to be committing anything
>> (except security stuff ...).  If you felt you had a must-fix problem,
>> you should have been lobbying for a release postponement at least
>> six hours ago.
> These timings might mean something to you, but I've never been aware
> of such things because I'm not on the packagers list and its pure
> silence everywhere else.

I agree it can be hard to keep the dates in mind. Could we add a couple
of reminders for committers to the release procedures? Say 48 hours
before the release to say "the tree needs to go quiet in 24 hours" and
24 hours before to say "no commits without discussion until the release
is cut"?

cheers

andrew