Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Matt Magoffin
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> erm..  How much memory do you have in the system?

This system has 16GB of RAM, and Postgres is basically the only service
running on the box.

>> shared_buffers = 4000MB
>
> I hope you've got a fair bit more than 4G of memory if you're going to
> use 4G for shared buffers...  Once that memory is dedicated to shared
> buffers it's not going to be available for other usage.

Yep, we've got 16GB to work with here. I should have also mentioned the
architecture in my original post, sorry. SELECT version() returns this:

PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)

Regards,
Matt

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5