Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Matt Magoffin (postgresql.org@msqr.us) wrote:
> Yep, we've got 16GB to work with here. I should have also mentioned the
> architecture in my original post, sorry. SELECT version() returns this:
>
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
> 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)

Does the result from 'free' look reasonable on this box?  How many PG
processes are running, generally?  Do you see the PG process running
this query growing to fill the available memory?  That query really
didn't look like it was chewing up all that much memory to me..  Have
you tried reducing your work_mem setting to see if that makes the errors
go away?  It might cause a different plan which might be less efficient
for some queries, not sure if you have anything which would be
dramatically affected by that..  Do the row counts in the plan match up
with what you'd expect?  Can you provide output from 'explain analyze'
on a successful run?

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5