Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/27/2013 12:04 AM, james wrote:
>> So, while no native 64-bit compilers are available for free as part of
>> Visual Studio Express 2012 (11), it doesn't matter much. The issue is
>> more that it's very much Microsoft's whim whether they release compilers
>> at all and if so, which ones, when and how.
>
> I think I have a pretty vanilla Visual Studio Express 2012 for Desktop
> and:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64>.\cl
> Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 17.00.51106.1 for x64
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64>
>
> Am I misunderstanding the discussion here?
Yep, that's a cross-compiler, hence "x86_amd64". As I said, it doesn't
actually matter very much on an x64 host as the target arch binaries run
fine on the host arch. The only reason you'd need the native 64-bit
compiler is if you're compiling huge programs that cause the 32-bit to
64-bit cross-compiler to run out of memory. Not an issue for Pg.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
От: "Petr Jelinek"
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3