Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/24/2013 09:38 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
> The most notable difference is that I have no pre-VS2012 Microsoft
> compilers installed and no SDKs installed by my explicit action. I
> suggest assessing how the Framework64 directories get into your path
> and trying without them. nm
A further update on this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat

calls:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat

which in turn runs:

@call "%VS110COMNTOOLS%VCVarsQueryRegistry.bat" 32bit No64bit

to start:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
11.0\Common7\Tools\VCVarsQueryRegistry.bat

When I run this directly with the same arguments it adds to the environment:

Framework35Version=v3.5
FrameworkDIR32=c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\
FrameworkVersion32=v4.0.30319

which is pretty clearly bogus.

It looks like the script calls the subproc :GetFrameworkDir32Helper32 HKLM

which does:

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VC7" /v "FrameworkDir32

resulting in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VC7   FrameworkDir32    REG_SZ
c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\

.... which seems wrong. So it's clear that something's dodgy in how the
various Microsoft tools have installed themselves, and it's nothing to
do with your patch.

Have you verified that 64-bit builds work? I'm testing now, but I've
just confirmed that my machine isn't quite right.