Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/24/2013 09:38 AM, Noah Misch wrote:

> The most notable difference is that I have no pre-VS2012 Microsoft
compilers installed and no SDKs installed by my explicit action. I
suggest assessing how the Framework64 directories get into your path and
trying without them. nm

Interesting. The Framework64 directory is added to the PATH by
vcvarsall.bat from VS 2012.

I suspect what's happening is that VS assumes that if there's a
Framework64 directory, it contains 64-bit compilers and tools from VS
2012. In my case, I have 64-bit tools from Windows SDK 7.1, but VS
Express 2012 doesn't include a 64-bit toolset (only a cross-compiler) so
the corresponding ones from 2012 aren't there.

Alternately, the Windows SDK 8 installer may have installed the .NET
Framework 4.5 64-bit components, and VS 2012 might not be expecting
them. All this stuff is a terrifying pile of underdocumented hacks and
mess upon hacks and mess, so it wouldn't be particularly surprising.

If I manually prepend c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 to
the PATH I get a successful build and vcregress check passes.

I'll just have a quick read of the patch but so far it looks good to me.

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: patch submission: truncate trailing nulls from heap rows to reduce the size of the null bitmap [Review]
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC