Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/23/2013 09:51 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> The only way to fix increasing bug counts is through more-comprehensive
> regular testing.  Currently we have regression/unit tests which cover
> maybe 30% of our code.  Performance testing is largely ad-hoc.  We don't
> require comprehensive acceptance testing for new patches.  And we have >
> 1m lines of code.  Of course our bug count is increasing.

And... slow down the release cycle or slow down the number of features
that are accepted. Don't get me wrong I love everything we have and are
adding every cycle but there does seem to be a definite weight
difference between # of features added and time spent allowing those
features to settle.

Sincerely,

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579