Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/23/2013 01:08 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane escribió:
>> Alexander Law <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Please let me know if I can do something to get the bug fix
>>> (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=902) committed.
>> It's waiting on some Windows-savvy committer to pick it up, IMO.
>> (FWIW, I have no objection to the patch as given, but I am unqualified
>> to evaluate how sane it is on Windows.)
> I think part of the problem is that we no longer have many Windows-savvy
> committers willing to spend time on Windows-specific patches; there are,
> of course, people with enough knowledge, but they don't always
> necessarily have much interest.  Note that I added Magnus and Andrew to
> this thread because they are known to have contributed Windows-specific
> improvements, but they have yet to followup on this thread *at all*.
>
> I remember back when Windows support was added, one of the arguments in
> its favor was "it's going to attract lots of new developers".  Yeah, right.

I'm about to take a look at this one.

Note BTW that Craig Ringer has recently done some excellent work on
Windows, and there are several other active non-committers (e.g. Noah)
who comment on Windows too.

IIRC I never expected us to get a huge influx of developers from the
Windows world. What I did expect was a lot of new users, and I think we
have on fact got that.

cheers

andrew