Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:
> Alexander Law <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> > Please let me know if I can do something to get the bug fix
> > (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=902) committed.
>
> It's waiting on some Windows-savvy committer to pick it up, IMO.
> (FWIW, I have no objection to the patch as given, but I am unqualified
> to evaluate how sane it is on Windows.)

I think part of the problem is that we no longer have many Windows-savvy
committers willing to spend time on Windows-specific patches; there are,
of course, people with enough knowledge, but they don't always
necessarily have much interest.  Note that I added Magnus and Andrew to
this thread because they are known to have contributed Windows-specific
improvements, but they have yet to followup on this thread *at all*.

I remember back when Windows support was added, one of the arguments in
its favor was "it's going to attract lots of new developers".  Yeah, right.