Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve concurrency of foreign key locking

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve concurrency of foreign key locking
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve concurrency of foreign key locking  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/23/2013 10:12 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Improve concurrency of foreign key locking

This error message change looks rather odd, and has my head spinning a bit:

-                    errmsg("SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE cannot be applied
to the nullable side of an outer join")));
+                    errmsg("SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE/KEY UPDATE/KEY
SHARE cannot be applied to the nullable side of an outer join")))

Can't we do better than that?

(It's also broken my FDW check, but I'll fix that when this is sorted out)

cheers

andrew