Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Дата
Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/21/2013 10:03 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 01/19/2013 04:08 AM, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>> However, I am not sure whether Cygwin provides the mkstemp() call or not.
>> Searching... Found bugzilla reports against mkstemp on Cygwin.
> Is Cygwin a platform that should be targeted for the server backend
> these days?
>
> I can understand making sure that libpq works on Cygwin, but is there
> any reason at all to run a Pg server backend on Cygwin rather than as
> native Windows binaries?

I'm not suggesting immediately dropping working support, since this is
so trivially worked around. I'm just wondering why anybody cares about
the platform.