Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This information could be extremely useful for forensics, debugging, ETL
> processes (many of which create tables as part of their processes), etc.

I'd say "moderately useful" at best.  Quite a number of things could
make the creation dates misleading or not distinctive (think partition
replacement, restore from pg_dump, replicas, etc.).   ALTER dates would
be more useful, but as Tom points out, would need the
user-configurability which can only be delivered by something like event
triggers.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.