Feature Request: pg_replication_master()

От Josh Berkus
Тема Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Дата
Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

Currently we can see each master's current replicas using
pg_stat_replication.  However, there is no way from a replica, that I
know of, to figure out who its master is other than to look at
recovery.conf.

We should probably have a function, like pg_replication_master(), which
gives the host address of the current master.  This would help DBAs for
large replication clusters a lot.  Obviously, this would only work in
streaming.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.