Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Дата
Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/01/2012 11:38 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2012-12-01 17:36:20 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
>> On 2012-12-01 17:03:03 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> Could we possibly allow adding enum values to a type which was just created in
>>> this transaction? That shouldn't be too hard. At least easier than providing
>>> the capability to pre-assign the next N oids...
>> The attached patch does just that. Its *not* ready yet though, as it
>> will be apparent for everyone who reads it ;)
>>
>> To really make that work in a reliable manner we would probably need
>> an rd_createSubid for typcache entries instead of testing xmin as I have
>> done here?

Does this actually get you over the problem identified in the comment?:
 * We disallow this in transaction blocks, because we can't cope * with enum OID values getting into indexes and then
havingtheir * defining pg_enum entries go away.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Сообщение: Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work