Re: High SYS CPU - need advise

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/16/2012 02:31 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> no single thing really stands out -- contention is all over the place.
> lwlock, pinbuffer, dynahash (especially).  I am again suspicious of
> bad scheduler interaction.  any chance we can fire up pgbouncer?

Just want to throw it out there, but we've been having really bad luck
with the scheduler recently. But only when we use 8GB (on our 72GB
system) for shared_buffers. Cut that down to 4GB, and everything is fine
and dandy.

I think the kernel devs have added in some overzealous scheduler code on us.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534