Re: Server to run Postgresql

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Server to run Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/11/2012 23:08, Bob Pawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an unused computer which I am considering turning into a server
> to run my Postgresql database.
>
> Is this even possible to do?

Hi Bob,

Of course.

> If so, can someone suggest an open source server that is relatively easy
> to set up? Windows based would be ideal.

Is this for home use? - if so I'd go for Ubuntu or Linux Mint, which are
both very easy to set up and have comprehensive software repositories.
Linux Mint has a more traditional desktop interface; Ubuntu has its new
Unity interface which you may or may not like.

If you really want MS Windows and have a spare licence for it, there's
no problem installing PG on it with the EDB installer.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie