Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On March 22, 2015 10:34:04 AM GMT+01:00, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
>wrote:
>> On March 22, 2015 6:17:28 AM GMT+01:00, Michael Paquier
><michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>thinks.

>>>All the windows nodes don't pass tests with this patch, the
>difference
>>>is in the exponential precision: e+000 instead of e+00.
>>
>> That's due to a different patch though, right? When I checked earlier
>only jacana had problems due to this, and it looked like random memory
>was being output. It's interesting that that's on the one windows (not
>cygwin) critter that does the 128bit dance...
>
>Yes, sorry, the e+000 stuff is from 959277a. This patch has visibly
>broken that:
>http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jacana&dt=2015-03-21%2003%3A01%3A21

That's the stuff looking like random memory that I talk about above...

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Сообщение: Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
Сообщение: Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates