Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> writes:
> Am 18.11.2012 um 19:36 schrieb Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>:
>> Right. sizeof(int) is very probably 4 on all platforms that we
>> support. I see no problem with the proposal.

> Have you cross-checked this on a 64bit platform vs. a 32 bit platform?
> e.g. on Linux i386 vs. Linux amd64?

sizeof(int) is most definitely 4 on all platforms that we support.
I've lost count of how many places would fall over if that weren't the
case, but for sure the tuple packing code would have problems.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7670: BUG #7545: Unresponsive server with error log reporting: "poll() failed: Invalid argument"