Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 10/19/2012 02:36 PM, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:
>>> I think the DNS lookup is part of the JDBC failover connection patch
>>> that I created. I initially used a InetSocketAddress.getHostString()
>>> that does not do any DNS lookups, but since that method was added in
>>> Java7 I had to revert to getHostName() method which does.
>>>

>> Is there any functionality that we need that is provided by using
>> InetSocketAddress or is it just a convenient object to pass around host
>> and port together?  The simplest option to me seems to be reverting to
>> passing simple strings/ints around (possibly in some kind of our own
>> container).
>
> It is just a convenient container. And it seems on older JVMs it cannot be used for such purposes.
> I agree that we should just replace it with our own container that contains the host/port pair.

If that's all you're using it for, then that's the simplest and best
choice. +1 from me on that.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Mikko Tiihonen
Сообщение: Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver
Сообщение: Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver