Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 09/10/12 11:48, Craig James wrote:

>>>   # blockdev --getra /dev/sdb1
>>> 256
>>
>> It's probably this. 256 is way too low to saturate your I/O system.
>> Pump it up. I've found 8192 works nice for a system I have, 32000 I
>> guess could work too.
>>
> But again ... the two systems are identical.  This can't explain it.

Maybe check all sysctl's are the same - in particular:

vm.zone_reclaim_mode

has a tendency to set itself to 1 on newer hardware, which will reduce
performance of database style workloads.

Cheers

Mark

Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance