Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

От Craig James
Тема Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Дата
Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-performance

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com> wrote:
>> > But why? What have I overlooked?
>>
>> Do you have readahead properly set up on the new one?
>

>  # blockdev --getra /dev/sdb1
> 256

It's probably this. 256 is way too low to saturate your I/O system.
Pump it up. I've found 8192 works nice for a system I have, 32000 I
guess could work too.

But again ... the two systems are identical.  This can't explain it.

Thanks,
Craig

Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance