Re: VACUUM Question

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: VACUUM Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If you really are just inserting, and never updating or deleting, then you
will never need to vacuum the table, rather you will just need to ANALYSE
the table.  If you use autovacuum that is exactly what it will do.

As for Reindex, I'm not entirely sure, I don't think you would benefit
from reindex because you aren't updating or deleting.  Can anyone comment
on this?  Is is possibile that a table with lots of inserts resulting in
lots of page splits etc could ever benifit form REINDEX?

Matt