Re: listening addresses

От John Hansen
Тема Re: listening addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Idiot is such a strong word, don't you think?

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Dunstan
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:26 AM
To: Postgresql Hackers
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] listening addresses

I wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> If I had time, I would also love to see setting the password for the
>> postgres user become part of the initdb script.  However, I can see
>> that this wouldn't work with packages.
>>

> Orthogonal problem.

BTW, initdb is no longer a script - some idiot rewrote it in C :-)

And it does have a switch for setting the superuser password:

-W
--pwprompt
   Makes initdb prompt for a password to give the database superuser.   If you don't plan on using password
authentication,this is not   important. Otherwise you won't be able to use password   authentication until you have a
passwordset up.

cheers

andrew

TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
your     joining column's datatypes do not match