Re: listening addresses

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: listening addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> If I had time, I would also love to see setting the password for the
>> postgres user become part of the initdb script.  However, I can see
>> that this wouldn't work with packages.
>>

> Orthogonal problem.

BTW, initdb is no longer a script - some idiot rewrote it in C :-)

And it does have a switch for setting the superuser password:

-W
--pwprompt
   Makes initdb prompt for a password to give the database superuser.   If you don't plan on using password
authentication,this is not   important. Otherwise you won't be able to use password   authentication until you have a
passwordset up.

cheers

andrew