Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1

От Dinesh Bhandary
Тема Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You might also want to check to see if temp files are growing out of bounds.

Thanks.
Dinesh
On 9/27/2012 3:05 PM, Greg Williamson wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a postgres database, 9.1.3, which shows a fairly constant amount of space used by postgres, but total disk
spacekees shrinking.
> If I restart postgres the space on my file system returns.
>
> This cluster is replicated to another; that custer does not show this problem.
>
> There are two main databases on this cluster, both using logging. One is used to accumulate some stats on our systen.
>
> The other is a slimmed-down version of our production database, which gets recreated hourly by a shell script which
pullsdata from remote servers, does a pg_dump of the resulting 3 gig database, and then drops it.

> I posted a message about ths a few days and got no responses. I am hoping for better luck this time as this is a
seriousissue,not relayed t vacuuming or routine admin tasks which may or may not be happening.

От: Micky Gough
Сообщение: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1
От: Greg Williamson
Сообщение: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1