Re: Backup and Restore from 8.3.0 to 9.1.3

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Backup and Restore from 8.3.0 to 9.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 09/21/2012 01:01 AM, Kasia Tuszynska wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am experimenting with backups and restores….
>
> I am running into something curious and would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Backing up from:
>
> Postgres 8.3.0
>
> Windows 2003 sp1 server (32bit)
>
> -Took a compressed binary backup of a single db (the default option in
> pgAdminIII, right click backup)
>
> -Took a plane backup of the same single db, (plane option in the right
> click backup gui in pgAdminIII)

Did you back up using the old version of PgAdmin-III with the old
pg_dump? If so, problems restoring into PostgreSQL 9.1 are likely.

If possible, dump the old database using the *new* pg_dump. If you're
using the PgAdmin-III GUI, connecting to the old DB from the new PgAdmin
on the new computer should do the trick.

--
Craig Ringer