Re: created type not found in create table

От Open _
Тема Re: created type not found in create table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
oh, duh..  works now...  Thanks for the second pair of eyes.

I thought I had ruled that out by doing a search on the type name and making sure it was the same all places... (which is a long ingrained habit). Must have searched on one of the other type names.

This is my first use of such a type in a postgres table,  thought it was something I didn't understand yet.

On Thursday, December 24, 2020, 12:25:29 PM EST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

Open _ <opensheart@yahoo.com> writes:

>    CREATE TYPE staffadmin.staff_roll
>        as ENUM ('Not yet defined', 'Everything', 'Sys Admin', 'Developer', 'DBA', 'Security', 'Art & Apperance', 'Support', 'Manager') ;
>    CREATE TYPE

>    psql:/tmp/psql_tmp.5133.sql:16: ERROR:  type "staffadmin.staff_role" does not exist
>    LINE 9:   role           staffadmin.staff_role   NOT null ,

>                             ^

Uh, you didn't spell it that way before.