Re: BUG #7524: Partitioning

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #7524: Partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 09/09/12 6:04 PM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> 1/ What is the current state of table partitioning...is anyone working
> on something a bit more native than abusing inheritance?

enterpriseDB's commercial 'oracle compatible' fork has the Oracle DDL
for creating and managing partitions, but afaik, it uses the same
internal inheritance mechanisms.

> 2/ Is anyone working on parallel query execution?

someone presented a FOSS project on the pg-general list the other day
that implements parallel execution using a postgres based engine, but it
only supports fairly simple queries.  I can't say I remember what it was
called.