Re: Show version of OpenSSL in ./configure output

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Show version of OpenSSL in ./configure output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 23 Oct 2023, at 08:22, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>
> On 23.10.23 02:26, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> 5e4dacb9878c has reminded me that we don't show the version of OpenSSL
>> in the output of ./configure.  This would be useful to know when
>> looking at issues within the buildfarm, and I've wanted that a few
>> times.

Many +1's, this has been on my TODO for some time but has never bubbled to the
top. Thanks for working on this.

>> How about the attached to use the openssl command, if available, to
>> display this information?  Libraries may be installed while the
>> command is not available, but in most cases I'd like to think that it
>> is around, and it is less complex than using something like
>> SSLeay_version() from libcrypto.
>> meson already shows this information, so no additions are required
>> there.  Also, LibreSSL uses `openssl`, right?
>
> The problem is that the binary might not match the library, so this could be very misleading.  Also, meson gets the
versionvia pkg-config, so the result would also be inconsistent with meson.  I am afraid this approach would be
unreliablein the really interesting cases.

I tend to agree with this, it would be preferrable to be consistent with meson
if possible/feasible.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
От: Jeevan Chalke
Сообщение: Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods