Re: pgsql: Use $INDENT rather than indent throughout the pgindent code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Use $INDENT rather than indent throughout the pgindent code
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 02/17/2011 08:23 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Use $INDENT rather than indent throughout the pgindent code
>>> +INDENT=`which indent`

>> How universally available is "which"?

> I have 'which'.  I am unclear how 'which' helps in this case.

It doesn't.  Anything 'which' would find could perfectly well be invoked
by saying plain old "indent".  What would actually be useful here is a
convenient way to override the script's default value of INDENT, but
this coding doesn't offer that.  I'd suggest something more like

if [ -z "$INDENT" ]; then
  INDENT=indent
fi