Re: pgsql: Use $INDENT rather than indent throughout the pgindent code

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Use $INDENT rather than indent throughout the pgindent code
Дата
Re: pgsql: Use $INDENT rather than indent throughout the pgindent code  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie feb 18 00:34:33 -0300 2011:
> > Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
> >> How universally available is "which"?
>
> > I have 'which'.  I am unclear how 'which' helps in this case.

Hey, you could have asked when I showed you the patch yesterday on IM.

> It doesn't.  Anything 'which' would find could perfectly well be invoked
> by saying plain old "indent".

It helps because I can easily change the value in the script in a single
place to what I want.  That's a bit less inconvenient than having to
edit more than one place.  However ...

> What would actually be useful here is a
> convenient way to override the script's default value of INDENT, but
> this coding doesn't offer that.  I'd suggest something more like
>
> if [ -z "$INDENT" ]; then
>   INDENT=indent
> fi

... this is certainly better.  I'll change it to this.