Re: Data corruption after SAN snapshot

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Data corruption after SAN snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 08/08/2012 06:23 AM, Terry Schmitt wrote:

> Anyone have a solid method to test if fdatasync is working correctly or
> thoughts on troubleshooting this?

Try diskchecker.pl

https://gist.github.com/3177656

The other obvious step is that you've changed three things, so start
isolation testing.

- Test Postgres Plus Advanced Server 8.4, which you knew worked, on your
new file system and OS.

- Test PP9.1 on your new OS but with ext3, which you knew worked

- Test PP9.1 on your new OS but with ext4, which should work if ext3 did

- Test PP9.1 on a copy of your *old* OS with the old file system setup.

- Test mainline PostgreSQL 9.1 on your new setup to see if it's PP specific.

Since each test sounds moderately time consuming, you'll probably need
to find a way to automate. I'd first see if I could reproduce the
problem when running PgBench against the same setup that's currently
failing, and if that reproduces the fault you can use PgBench with the
other tests.

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: Data corruption after SAN snapshot
Сообщение: Re: Data corruption after SAN snapshot