Re: Timeout error on pgstat

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Timeout error on pgstat
Дата
Re: Timeout error on pgstat
Список pgsql-admin
On 08/02/2012 04:27 AM, Anibal David Acosta wrote:

I have a lot (maybe 1 every 10 seconds) of this error WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout

A quick search suggests this can be due to excessive I/O. However, this thread:

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/pgstat-wait-timeout-td5078125.html

sounds very similar to your issue. I'm wondering if there's a bug lurking in there somewhere.

In the pg_stat_activity show an autovacuum process over a very used table that runs about 1 hour and then this vacuum is cancelled (according to log)
Was there any context to the `cancelling autovacuum task' message?

 I have Postgres 9.0.3 on a windows 2008 R2 running for about 1 year in same conditions, but this error is occurring about 1 week ago.

The current 9.0 release is 9.0.8, so you're missing a bunch of bug fixes.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-0-8.html

Consider updating. You don't need to do a dump and reload or use pg_upgrade, since it's only a minor version update. Stop the DB, install the new binaries, start the DB.

However, I don't see any fixes related to the stats writer in the relnotes from the 9.0 series.

--
Craig Ringer