Re: pgadmin3 query tools

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin3 query tools
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
> Actually, I see YAQT (yet another query tool) for editing a table. You
> just pick a table (maybe view), hit "Edit" and scroll up and down in
> there. It must be capable of unlimited rows, which isn't easy but can
> be  done (I already implemented something like that in earlier days).
> And it  should have inline editing, feels better than the current
> pgadmin2 solution.

So you're saying we make the arbitrary query tools (SQL/QB) produce very
fast, but read-only output, but add an 'Edit' option for tables/views,
that allows editting of their contents an a purpose designed grid?
That would certainly be easier to code as we would always know the base
structure of what we were editting...
> We got different recommendations, so we need different tools. If we try
>  to put all into one, we get only second best. And you will agree,
> pgsql  is worth only the best.

Absolutely.

Regards, Dave.