Re: isolation check takes a long time

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: isolation check takes a long time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/17/2012 04:28 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 01:56:19PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of dom jul 15 16:42:22 -0400 2012:
>>> I'm looking into that. But given that the default is to set
>>> max_prepared_transactions to 0, shouldn't we just remove that test from the
>>> normal installcheck schedule?
>> That's a thought -- AFAIR we do provide a numeric_big test that's not
>> exercised by the regular regress schedule, for a precedent.
> It would be nice to have a pattern for adding tests run less often than "every
> commit" but more often than "whenever a human explicitly remembers the test
> and invokes it manually".  Perhaps a schedule that the recommended buildfarm
> configuration would somehow run every two weeks and before each release
> (including betas and branch releases).

We have some support for that sort of thing. The optional_steps feature
can run with a minimum number of hours between runs. Currently the only
supported such steps are build_docs and find_typedefs. If there are
extra tests we'd want run in that fashion then they would need code
added for them.

Meanwhile, I would like to remove the prepared_transactions test from
the main isolation schedule, and add a new Make target which runs that
test explicitly. Is there any objection to that?

cheers

andrew