Re: main log encoding problem

От Alexander Law
Тема Re: main log encoding problem
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] main log encoding problem  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
>> Ok, maybe the time of real universal encoding has not yet come. Then
>> we maybe just should add a new parameter "log_encoding" (UTF-8 by
>> default) to postgresql.conf. And to use this encoding consistently
>> within logging_collector.
>> If this encoding is not available then fall back to 7-bit ASCII.
> What do you mean by "not available"?
Sorry, it was inaccurate phrase. I mean "if the conversion to this
encoding is not avaliable". For example, when we have database in EUC_JP
and log_encoding set to Latin1. I think that we can even fall back to
UTF-8 as we can convert all encodings to it (with some exceptions that
you noticed).

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: main log encoding problem
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: main log encoding problem