Re: Permission denied while insert

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Permission denied while insert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez <jose-manuel.lorenzo-lopez@conti.de> writes:
> I created a table bdf_users as admin user 'postgres' and granted insert
> access for this table to public.
> Now I want to insert a line as user 'jose' (That's me!) and got the
> following message:
> ERROR:  bdf_users: Permission denied.

Hmm ... what does "\z bdf_users" (in psql) show?

> Am I doing anything dumb? I am using postgresql 7.0.3 on SuSE Linux 7.1
> (although I compiled by myself postgresql)

There is a bug in 7.0.* that causes the default owner's permissions to
be forgotten when you do an explicit GRANT; you then have to re-grant
ALL to yourself to reactivate the permissions you have by default.  But
that doesn't seem to apply to this case, since jose is not the owner of
bdf_users if I understood you correctly.