Re: Unable to connect existing PGAdmin to existing PostgreSQL Db

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Unable to connect existing PGAdmin to existing PostgreSQL Db
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 17/07/2012 17:37, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 17/07/2012 14:14, Zhang, Nancy wrote:
>> Thank you Ray.
>>
>> There isn't any file named pgpass.conf in my computer after my
>> searching attempt. Is there any other reasons? And is there a way
>> that I delete in a clean way and resintall it?
>
> If there's no pgpass.conf file, then that's why you're being asked for
> your password - it hasn't been saved.
>
> You should try entering the password and ticking the box to save it, and
> see if the pgpass.conf gets created. If it doesn't, you need to figure
> out why (permissions maybe?). If it does get created, and then is
> deleted at a later point, you need to find out what's deleting it; from
> what I understand it's unlikely to be pgAdmin.

One other though - did someone maybe change the password on the server?
- i.e. the PostgreSQL server?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect existing PGAdmin to existing PostgreSQL Db