Re: Unable to connect existing PGAdmin to existing PostgreSQL Db

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Unable to connect existing PGAdmin to existing PostgreSQL Db
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 17/07/2012 14:14, Zhang, Nancy wrote:
> Thank you Ray.
>
> There isn't any file named pgpass.conf in my computer after my
> searching attempt. Is there any other reasons? And is there a way
> that I delete in a clean way and resintall it?

If there's no pgpass.conf file, then that's why you're being asked for
your password - it hasn't been saved.

You should try entering the password and ticking the box to save it, and
see if the pgpass.conf gets created. If it doesn't, you need to figure
out why (permissions maybe?). If it does get created, and then is
deleted at a later point, you need to find out what's deleting it; from
what I understand it's unlikely to be pgAdmin.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie