Re: snake

От Dave Page
Тема Re: snake
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
> I understand your concerns about non-release cvs versions. I updated my
>  wxWindows and checked. Everything runs fine, all required patches are
> included. Even that nasty context menu bug that I couldn't track down
> earlier, is gone. Thus I can say that the

Hi Andreas,

Good news about the menu bug.

I downloaded the latest snapshot last night (the 0606 one). Unfortunately
the xrc stuff wouldn't even compile, and configure wouldn't let me use
GTK2.
> *recommended wxWindows Version is 2.5 CVS as of June 7th, 2003*.
>
> If in doubt, cvs option -D 2003-07-06 will retrieve this version.
>
> Earlier versions will *not* work with unicode.

Was this because of the GTK2 issue I saw (which of course disabled Unicode)?

I'll try the 07 version anyway but it won't be until tomorrow at the
earliest. Feel free to try it yourself on snake if you feel inclined. I
was trying to install into /usr/local/wx25 (2.4 is under /usr/local/).
Regards, Dave.