Re: pgAdmin3 feature freeze?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 feature freeze?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Jochem van Dieten once said:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> So people - any more essential features? Shout now or forever hold
>> your peace (well, until the next release anyhoo)!!
>
> Not essential, but I have some further requests:
>
> query dialogue: button to explain analyze

Should be easy (I think). We already have explain.

> double click in tree: give user option to open property page, do
> nothing  or view data

There is an option already to select property page or expand node (which
is probably your do nothing).
> dump/restore
> (Maybe as a plugin that uses pg_dump and pg_restore to reuse the
> existing functionality but has a clickety-click interface.)

If this is done, it will reuse PostgreSQL code, however we already decided
this was a v2 feature.
> Smarter use of connections
> If I connect to a database cluster and the initial database is the same
>  as the database I am working in, why would pgAdmin 3 require 2
> different  connections?

Just the way it evolved I guess. I can't see any immediate reason why it
couldn't reuse the initial connection.
> (On a related note; will the disconnect feature make it into the beta?)

I thought it was there already - I'll take a look.

Regards, Dave