Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K
Дата
Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K  ("A. Mous" <a.mous@shaw.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
They are quite different hardware.

How long does it take for the _first_ time you do the query on the Celeron
machine? The first time. Wait until everything has started up first and the
machine is quiescent.

How long does it take for the _second_ and _third_ times?

Do the same for all the machines.

Are the drives on the machine very different?

How about you analyze the disks on each machine and compare how fragmented
the database files are on the various machines?

128MB RAM is not very much for a Win2K machine. Not very far from swapping.

Win2K pro or Win2K server? Performance optimized for server or
desktop/applications?

Regards,
Link.