Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K

От A. Mous
Тема Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, it is quite a range of hardware, and even within the win2k pro machines
there is quite a range of hardware which is why I would expect all of them
to produce slightly different latency times to serve up the records.  Yet,
all are serving in 4 seconds!  If I saw a pattern that suggested that the
slowest, most inept machine produced the slowest results I'd be satisfied
that it was strictly hardware, but I'm not seeing that.  The slowest machine
serves the records up in the same time as the second fastest machine!

The hardware between all of these machines is as widely varied as you can
get.

The drive on the Celeron 400 was just defragmented and it made no difference
at all.

Fresh reboot on Celeron 2400:  1st query took 561ms, 2nd and thereafter
takes 70ms.

Fresh reboot on PII 233: 1st query took 4300ms, 2nd and thereafter took
4000ms.