Re: pg_autovacuum

От Adam Kavan
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>So you probabaly want to do somethign like this:
>
>pg_autovacuum -d2 -s1 -S0 -v10 -V0 -a10 -A0 -L pg_autovacuum.out
>
>this will set debug=2, sleep only 1 sec after each look, and perform
>vacuums and analyzes after only 10 insert/update/delets and log it all to
>pg_autovacuum.out
>
>Run your update script
>
>Kill pg_autovacuum
>
>bzip the logfile and send it to the mailing list (or just to me if you
>prefer).  Also a copy of your script might help.
>
>Matthew

Ok I ran pg_autovacuum using the supplied command line and have attached
the resulting log.  My script is just INSERT INTO "PointUsage"
VALUES(DEFAULT,32,now(),1024); repeated several thousand times.  I ran
autovac, then my script, then verified all of the rows were inserted then
ran DELETE FROM "PointUsage" WHERE "Value" = 1024; to kill all of the new
rows, and then killed autovac.  The results are attached.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this for me.

--- Adam Kavan
--- akavan@cox.net

Вложения