Re: pg_autovacuum

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 18:30, Adam Kavan wrote:
> Ok I ran pg_autovacuum using the supplied command line and have attached
> the resulting log.  My script is just INSERT INTO "PointUsage"
> VALUES(DEFAULT,32,now(),1024); repeated several thousand times.  I ran
> autovac, then my script, then verified all of the rows were inserted then
> ran DELETE FROM "PointUsage" WHERE "Value" = 1024; to kill all of the new
> rows, and then killed autovac.  The results are attached.

First, I meant to ask for debug level 3, (-d3, not -d2) sorry....  Also,
are you sure that pg_autovacuum is connecting to the same database
cluster as your insert delete script?

In the output you should see the cur_analyze_count increase with each
insert and the curr_delete_count increase with every delete.  Also, the
debug output should tell you the threshold you have to reach for a
vacuum or analyze.