Re: Batch Inserts

От Doug Fields
Тема Re: Batch Inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ricardo, list,

One quick question:

>         - If your "data importing" is done via inserts, make sure that the
>batch uses transactions for each (at least or so) 200 inserts. If you
>don't, each insert will be a transaction, what will slow down you.

I use JDBC and use it with the default "AUTOCOMMIT ON."

Does doing a statement, in one JDBC execution, of the form:

BEGIN WORK; INSERT ... ; INSERT ... ; INSERT ...; COMMIT;

Count as N individual inserts (due to the autocommit setting) or does the
BEGIN WORK;...COMMIT; surrounding it override that setting?

Thanks,

Doug