Urgent need of (paid) PostgreSQL support in New York City area

От Doug Fields
Тема Urgent need of (paid) PostgreSQL support in New York City area
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

We've run up against a wall with our PostgreSQL installation and we're in
urgent need of help. If you know anyone who can help us (commercially) I
would appreciate a reference.

This is the kind of help where we pay for it, of course. It would be for as
long as it takes, in the New York City area - in-person preferred.

The solutions to our problems could include:

1) Different Linux Kernel
2) Different Hardware
3) Different PostgreSQL version/configuration
4) Different queries

We just don't know what the problem is and after banging up against it we
need some serious help.

Our database is about 70 gigs large (of which it is about 25 gigs when
dumped). We have several tables in the 100 million row range. We have
several major problems:

1) Seemingly simple queries taking hours and even days, even with full use
of indices
2) Imports of data taking days, even for 7000 rows at a time

There are other minor problems, but those are the real ones. I welcome any
suggestions of who to contact for this support. It's urgent, and immediate,
and large-scale.

Thanks,

Doug