Version 7 question

От Hilary Forbes
Тема Version 7 question
Дата
Re: Version 7 question  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-performance
I'm just trying to improve performance on version 7 before doing some tests and hopefully upgrading to 7.3.

At the moment we have
B=64  (no  of shared buffers)
N=32 (no of connections)
in postmaster.opt which I take it is the equivalent of the new postgresql.conf file.

 From all that is being written about later versions I suspect that this is far too low.  Would I be fairly safe in
makingthe no of shared buffers larger?  Also is there an equivalent of effective_cache_size that I can set for version
7?

Many thanks in advance
Hilary

Hilary Forbes
DMR Computer Limited:   http://www.dmr.co.uk/
Direct line:  01689 889950
Switchboard:  (44) 1689 860000  Fax: (44) 1689 860330
E-mail:  hforbes@dmr.co.uk